Mick <michaelkintzios <at> gmail.com> writes:

> $ eix -l ntfs3g

> I have been using it for some time now on data (non-OS) partitions and had no
> problems.  YMMV.

Yep, same here ntfs3g is wonderful!

> > Also, I'm thinking about a udev rule or fstab entry
> > on the gentoo system to uniquely identify the drive
> > as I often attach several usb(stick or drive) devices
> > to one system at any given time; so I'm looking for
> > a scheme that they will each be unquely recognized (Labeled?

> You may want to check the Gentoo Documentation and Gentoo Wiki and this ML
> and
> the forums, for multiple suggestions and examples of setting up udev rules.

Yes, some help with udev rules or a slick trick via fstab is what I was
really after.  Or maybe something cool related to the usb buss and
a trick to *uniquely lable* usb devices.....

I'll take a cut at the udev rules myself, then post my
sorry excuse for udev rules and ask for help....

thx,

James