Grant wrote:
My ISP (Cox) blocks outgoing port 25 so I can't submit mail to my
remote mail server.  From what I understand, port 587 is commonly used
to get around this.  Can I have postfix listen on port 25 and port
587?  Has anyone set that up?
I do it slightly differently: I leave an SSH connection from my box to
the mail server, which maps some local port to port 25 on the mail
server, and send all my mail to the local port.

Yeah I think I'll do that if port 587 doesn't work out.  From what I
understand, using 587 in this way is somewhat of a standard?

In your master.cf uncomment the following lines and then restart Postfix. It should just work if you already have TLS setup.

smtps     inet  n       -       n       -       -       smtpd
        -o smtpd_tls_wrappermode=yes

kashani