> >> I do it slightly differently: I leave an SSH connection from my box to
> >> the mail server, which maps some local port to port 25 on the mail
> >> server, and send all my mail to the local port.
> >
> > Yeah I think I'll do that if port 587 doesn't work out.  From what I
> > understand, using 587 in this way is somewhat of a standard?
>
> In your master.cf uncomment the following lines and then restart
> Postfix. It should just work if you already have TLS setup.
>
> smtps     inet  n       -       n       -       -       smtpd
>          -o smtpd_tls_wrappermode=yes
>
> kashani

I uncommented the above line and added the following to main.cf:

smtpd_tls_security_level = may

as instructed here:

http://www.postfix.org/TLS_README.html#server_enable

and restarted postfix, but I still can't send.  In claws-mail, I tried
specifying 587 and I'm specifying Use SSL for SSMTP.  I'm guessing TLS
isn't set up properly?

- Grant