On Sunday 02 March 2008, maxim wexler wrote:
> > You can probably get rid of python-2.3 safely, but
> > first find out what
> > is using it:
> >
> > equery depends =dev-lang/python-2.3.5-r3
> >
> > If nothing, then unmerge it, but first you might
> > want to make a backup
> > (just in case):
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~ $ equery depends
> =dev-lang/python-2.3.5-r3
> [ Searching for packages depending on
> =dev-lang/python-2.3.5-r3... ]
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/bin/equery", line 1732, in ?
>     cmd.perform(local_opts)
>   File "/usr/bin/equery", line 1117, in perform
>     deps = pkg.get_runtime_deps() +
> pkg.get_compiletime_deps() + pkg.get_postmerge_deps()
> AttributeError: Package instance has no attribute
> 'get_postmerge_deps'
>
> Not exactly "nothing". Is this what you mean?

No, that's an error. I've seen it somewhere before, but can't recall
where. Can't recall what to do about it either.

If no-one else offers an opinion, I'd start by checking that all your
portage tools still work properly: emerge, revdep-rebuild, the various
tools in gentoolkit and portage-utils

--
Alan McKinnon
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com