> quickpkg =dev-lang/python-2.3.5-r3

done

> then run python-updater

localhost heathen # python-updater
 * Can't determine any previous Python version(s).

> Now do
> emerge -avuND world
<...>
[blocks B     ] <app-crypt/qca-1.0-r3 (is blocking
app-crypt/qca-2.0.0-r2)
<...>
So,

localhost heathen # emerge -pvC qca

>>> These are the packages that would be unmerged:

 app-crypt/qca
    selected: 2.0.0-r2
   protected: none
     omitted: none

>>> 'Selected' packages are slated for removal.
>>> 'Protected' and 'omitted' packages will not be
removed.

Seems like I've already got the package that's
supposedly blocked.

localhost heathen # emerge -vC app-crypt/qca-1.0-r3

--- Couldn't find 'app-crypt/qca-1.0-r3' to unmerge.

>>> No packages selected for removal by unmerge

So I unmerged then remerged the one I already got and
did emerge -auvND world.

Same thing. The link to the gentoo manual says I can
just ignore that particular package but it doesn't say
how.

mw