> Are you using kde-4.0.x or why do you have

kde-3.5.7. Tried to update to kde-4.0.x near the end
of January. This was after almost two years of not
updating anything. This led to a emerge -uD world
which took about a week over my string-and-can modem.
Many, many "failure to build" errors kept me returning
to the list for advice. See ,for instance, "emerge -uD
world: another obstacle" in the archive. It was like
crawling through the desert pursuing a mirage. I was
unmerging here remerging there. Maybe that's when
qca-2.0.0-r2 slipped into my system. I never
completely understood why kde-4 couldn't be emerged. I
ran update-eix and eix-sync. Even now when I do emerge
-u kde it just points to 3.5.8.

> app-crypt/qca-2.0.0-r2
> unmasked? You can add "=app-crypt/qca-1.0-r3
> ~whateverarchyouhave" to
> /etc/portage.keyords and try again "emerge -avuND
> world".

Ok, that worked. Thanks.

mw