Hi,

We plan to eval Gentoo.  We await 2008 final.  The comment is, Gentoo
home page gives no clue about status.  Convincing people that Gentoo is
"alive" becomes tricky because the final is months late and little
motion on the home page.  That's about all most people inspect.

So bottom line, impressions of Gentoo are going south even before we
test.

Some sort of "progress bar" or chart showing bugs squashed and new
reported, maybe??  At least some kind of "ticker" showing "expected
final release date"?  Counting lines of code or something?

Personally I don't care when final ships - just knowing "present
expectations" or status with an easy home page glance is all I ask.

Thanks.
--

  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                          unladen european swallow