On Sun, 11 May 2008 18:06:16 +0100
Neil Bothwick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thu, 08 May 2008 05:53:29 -0500, Dale wrote:
>
> > I have gotten a few replies off list about this issue and found out
> > that I am not the only one having this problem.  It seems the AT&T
> > family does not like TLSv1 messages or something.
>
> That's one possibility, but the two mails I cced to you have bounced
> back with
>
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>: host gateway-f1.isp.att.net[204.127.217.16]
> refused to talk to me: 550-<my-ip-address> blocked by
>     ldap:ou=rblmx,dc=bellsouth,dc=net 550 Blocked for abuse.
>
> I'm not running an open relay or involved in any other kind of abuse,
> so this would appear to be a problem at their end.

Well, Dale has requested such feed back (bounced mail headers) at
the forums [1]. I believe he reads the list via http archives, so he
should see your message and hopefully it'll be of help.

[OT]

Neil, you'd better check if your IP address is not in some of the
popular public grey/black lists [2]. Sometimes it happens even if you
had nothing to do with abusing activities...false positives.

[1] http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-691543.html

[2] I personally use these two:

http://www.spamcop.net/
http://www.spamhaus.org/