I haven't seen an interesting site using Java for a long while.  I
recently stumbled across http://discover.itsc.uah.edu/amsutemps/ and
decided it would be nice to actually view it.  I haven't had Java on my
machines for a long while.  There are a few Java implementations
available (Sun/Blackdown/IBM/BEA/Kaffe/others?), so my question is...

  - which one gives the least trouble setting up and running?

  Since I'm only going to be using it a few times a month, I'm not too
worried about benchmarks, unless an implementation is excruciatingly
slow.

  I only need a runtime.  I don't know the programming language, so
there's no need for a full-blown development environment.

--
Walter Dnes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>