On Wednesday 02 July 2008, Neil Bothwick wrote:
> I've just tried to emerge the svn ebuild of madwifi-ng after a kernel
> update. I have previously merged this so I have working sources in
> $DISTDIR/svn-src but svn.madwifi.org is down. The emerge bails out
> when it is unable to contact the server, when I would prefer it to
> use the existing sources. Is there a way to force portage to do this?

There's an env var, something like ESVN_SERVER, that you can set
to "offline", and if the ebuild inherits the svn eclass, it won't try
to checkout new sources.

You'll have to look in the eclass to find the correct name. I looked it
up only once and noted that it's analogous to ECVS_SERVER (which I use
often).

--
Alan McKinnon
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com