Alan McKinnon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Probably for the same reason Debian felt obliged to do the same -
> licensing issues. It is widely acknowledged that cdrtools is the
> superior code over cdrkit but large sections of the OSS community feel
> that cdrtools' license puts tham at risk, regardless of what Joerg
> (cdrtools maintainer) asserts in this matter.

I am sorry to see that you are still a victim of a _few_ OSS trolls.

People who use their own brain should have no problem to understand that
applying the claims from those few Debian trolls (made against cdrtools) to
cdrkit also would make cdrkit of course illegal.

Legal thoughts have similarities to mathemathics. If you make a claim that is
incompatible with reality, this claim cannot be correct. None of the claims
published by these OSS trolls is compatible with reality.

> But lets not start this useless debate all over again and simply
> acknowledge that some Gentoo dev made a decision and leave it at that.

Why then do you start a debate based on obviously wrong claims?

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]                (uni)