On Sun, Jul 06, 2008 at 06:21:42PM +0200, Penguin Lover Joerg Schilling
squawked:
> Alan McKinnon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > The OP asked a question about why a virtual has a certain default. I
> > answered with the obvious answer which has to do with the point of view
> > of the maintainer (who is not me). I said nothing about what I think in
> > the matter, and I won't as it is in no way relevant.
>
> Could you explain me why you started to publish incorrect claims about
> cdrtools?

Look Joerg, this is getting tiring. I don't know if the problem you
have is with English language or with social communication, but Alan
went out of his way and bent over backwards in his post to prevent
a response like the one you just gave. It was very clear from his
original post that he answered the OP's question with (I paraphrase
here)

  "Joerg is a coding God. But the maintainer in gentoo for the
  cdrtools package thinks that there is a license problem, following
  Debian's lead, so virtual/cdrtools defaults to cdrkit."

Alan was not stating a fact about cdrtools. He was stating a fact
about what a gentoo developer thinks. It is great and all that legal
science and mathematics are both based on logic, but Alan has
absolutely no control about what logic the developer uses. Nor do
you, for this matter. If you have beef with the way cdrtools is
treated, take it up with the gentoo developer that actually makes the
decision to default to cdrkit and try to convince *him* that there is
a problem with his interpretation.

As far as I can tell, neither Alan nor I gives a hoot about the
license issue, and we chose to use cdrtools because we feel that it is
better code. Yelling at us will not get your problem solved. In fact,
yelling at people who support using your code may just be the way to
reduce said support.

Pintsize: I'm the foreman! The couch needs to movesix inches to the
    left to achieve maximum fen shui!
Sortir en Pantoufles: up 576 days, 15:57