On 12 Sep 2008, at 23:43, Alan Mackenzie wrote:
Hidden in the middle of the dumbed-down doku, it says that the router
"must use the DynDNS service of some provider, e.g. <URL 1> or <URL 2>.
Details of how to use a particular service can be found on the
corresponding web page."

This is unrelated.

In Dyndyns the internet looks up you!
http://www.dyndns.org

, the sort of thing that makes me scream.  And
that's it. There is nothing there to say "the address of the actual name
server in use is secret"...

The "Primärer DNS-Server" and "Sekundärer DNS-Server" are surely issued dynamically by the ISP at the same time they issue the router its IP addy and are probably shown on the router's status page. Sometimes there's an "advanced" status page or a "more information" link on the router's webpage.

Flag down a passing local with the words "'scuse me, Hans!" and get him to translate pages 70 / 74 (depending on which way you count) of the manual at <http://www.t-online.de/t-home/ths/bedienungsanleitung/ Speedport_W_700V_LBA_060317.pdf>.

Stroller.