Hello,

I am using shorewall on my local computer (the same I'm surfing the web with). My skills with iptables are not really good and my understanding of networking also has some holes in it... However, I'm trying to prevent firefox from accessing a third party site; I'm logging onto a site with firefox. With netstat I can see that besides the usual ip address belonging to the site another ip-address (not belonging to the original site) shows up. While trying to block the additional ip address with both "iptables -A INPUT -s xxxx -j DROP" and "iptables -A OUTPUT -d xxxx -j DROP" it still sends a SYN request to this site. This makes firefox just sit there waiting for a time-out. How can I prevent firefox from accessing the other site, while still accessing the original one?

Best regards

Peter K