Tony Stohne wrote:

HTTP requests are sent over TCP, so try a REJECT with TCP reset instead.
Something like this should do the trick, since the connection would be reset
more or less instantly avoiding the timeout:

 iptables -A INPUT -s xxxx -p tcp -j REJECT --reject-with tcp-reset
 iptables -A OUTPUT -s xxxx -p tcp -j REJECT --reject-with tcp-reset

Ok, good to know. I tried something simpler; putting the domain in /etc/hosts pointing to 127.0.0.1 (as suggested by Neil Bothwick). But I'll keep this in mind for the future. Thanks for the input!

Best regards

Peter K