On Sat, 2008-10-04 at 22:08 +0200, Justin wrote:
> Andreas Simbuerger schrieb:
> > Greetings,
> >
> > Is it possible to change the install-directory of ebuilds?
> > Let's say for example:
> >
> > TODIR=/usr/local/lib emerge python
> >
> > I tried to find a clue within the Gentoo Documentation and the Forums
> > but still no idea how to do that.
> >
> > -----
> > As it is my first post to a mailing list, i hope it's not kind of a dumb
> > question that can be solved by a "RTFM" ;-)
> > -----
> >
> > - Andreas
> >

> What really do you want to do? Whats your intention behind?

I had some trouble during upgrading Python2.4 to Python2.5
where some ebuilds installed themselves to /usr/local/lib
depending ebuilds were looking into /usr/lib.

Whilst having no idea how i messed that one up (aside from accepting
~amd64 ebuilds ;-)) i want to correct that by remerging
the messed up packages with the correct(?) path.

In addition i try to solve the problems by doing an
 emerge -eaD world
right at the moment

- Andreas