On Sat, 2008-10-04 at 20:25 -0400, David Relson wrote:
> On Sun, 5 Oct 2008 01:05:35 +0200
> Alan McKinnon wrote:

> > > Thanks for this idea! :D
> > >
> > > So portage takes /usr/local/portage before /usr/portage ?
> >
> > That's pretty normal, it's so that your customizations override the
> > distro default, much like dot files in ~ override whatever is in /etc/
> >
> > David's comment about b0rked ebuilds is spot-on. Most packages are
> > built using autotools, which defaults to --prefix=/usr/local. The
> > ebuild author forgot to change it to /usr/, so you have to figure out
> > what he should have done and do it yourself. I would recommend
> > submitting a bug report plus patch when you solve it, and meanwhile
> > keeping a correct copy of the ebuild in your local overlay.
> >
> > By and large the broken ebuild works, as libs in /usr/local are still
> > found on systems with sane linkers, despite the location being
> > technically incorrect
>
> FWIW, I too have dev-python/pycrypto-2.0.1-r6 installed on an AMD64
> system.  However my files are in /usr/lib, not in /usr/local/lib as
> reported by the OP -- which makes it sound like the ebuild is OK and
> there's something unusual in his environment.

Good morning ;-)

I think i repaired my environment ;-)
I did a "qfile -v /usr/local/lib/python2.5" and unmerged all packages
installed into this directory.
After the unmerging i still had python files remaining
in /usr/local/lib/python2.5.
I erased them because the only package owning /usr/local/lib/python2.5
was sys-apps/file ....

After that i remerged them again and all of a suddend each package went
into /usr/lib/python2.5

I believe it had something to do with the autoconf macros:
 AC_PREFIX_DEFAULT
 AC_PREFIX_PROGRAM
Perhaps i pulled in a buggy ebuild from somewhere so that it got
installed into /usr/local/lib/... and the other ebuilds all
guessed the install dir by locating python?

I still can't figure out what went wrong but i think it's solved now...
/usr/local/lib is empty now and no ebuilds are complaining so far.

Thanks to you all! :-)

- Andreas