On Tuesday 28 October 2008 21:11:05 Andrew Gaydenko wrote:
> Hi!
>
> How to "downgrade" to old fetching indicator (single-line instead of
> multiple lines)?

This has been bugging me for a long time as well, I'd really liek to know
what's going on.

'ps ax' while emerge is downloading shows the full wget command used - it's
FETCHCOMMAND from make.conf. The identical command on the command line
produces the old output. Adding the wget option --progress=bar to
FETCHCOMMAND changes nothing, but it is the correct option to influence this
behaviour.

It seems like perhaps FETCHCOMMAND is no longer the applicable setting in
make.conf...

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com