+++ Allan Gottlieb [gentoo-user] [Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 11:11:48PM -0400]:
> It is not quite that simple.  There were many posts today (28 oct) on
> this.  I suggest reading them.  You might need to unmask mit-krb5 for
> example.  There is a danger of rendering wget and hence emerge unusable
> (but if you have already --fetchonly'ed the pkgs then emerge can install
> them).
>
> To repeat the main point:  Read *carefully* today's discussion.
Yeah, I'll second this.  At the very least make sure you "emerge -f"
anything you unmerge.  To make it easy to re-merge if you break wget.

I had one system that specified USE="kerberos" and krb5 kept wanting to
pull back in com_err (I think).  Also removing com_err seemed to break wget
(and curl) on that system so I had to manually fetch some packages.

--
// Andrew MacKenzie  |  http://www.edespot.com
// GPG public key: http://www.edespot.com/~amackenz/public.key