On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 11:00:41 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:

> Thanks all. I do need to be careful about this as the machine is 400
> miles away and the user is completely unable to be of any help if it
> stops working meaning I have to drive or the box has to be shipped.
> Either alternative is not good.

It's a bit late now, but installing a second distro, or a bare stage 3
gentoo, as a dual boot so you can still access the machoine if it breaks.
As an alternative, send the user a GRML CD and get them to boot that if
things go wrong.

--
Neil Bothwick
Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.