I have a Dell D600 Laptop that I've got Gentoo installed on. It pretty much
uses Gentoo full-time now. (Yeah!)
I very frequently use the Wireless with it, which works great for the most
part. However, it seems that the connection drops every once in a while, and
the system doesn't detect it.
A quick restart of the wlan0 interface (/etc/init.d/net.wlan0 restart) resolves
the issue.

I was wondering what the normal procedure is for this.

I have WPA Supplicant installed, but it doesn't seem to be managing my wireless
at all. (Would be great to get it to do so.)

I'd really like to get this working properly. It's the probably the last thing
to making the system 100% usable 100% of the time, and the only annoyance right
now.

Ben