Dominic Kexel wrote:
> That's right, i totaly agree. If you buy a HP-printer, you (almost) can't do
> something wrong. I am using a HP Deskjet F2180 (40€). Printing and scanning
> both work without problems.
>
> On Wed, 3 Dec 2008 22:00:28 -0800
> "Manuel McLure" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I have a HP Deskjet D4260 that I got from newegg for less than $50.00.
It works very well.  Before that I had a little Deskjet 3820 which I had
for years.  It finally lost its head.  Turn it on and it just goes from
side to side until I cut it off.  The 4260 also has the option of using
the hi yield cartridges too.  It can print for a long time without
running out of ink.

I think if you get a HP printer, you will do all right.  I wouldn't get
the latest thing unless I checked for drivers first tho.  Also, to get
my old 3820 to work, I googled for the ppd file and put it in the right
place for cups.  That was before hplip came out.  I don't remember
having to do that with the 4260.

Hope that helps give you some ideas.

Dale

:-)  :-)