On 2008-12-05, Peter Humphrey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> I've had an HP LaserJet 1200 for about 4-5 years now.  I only
>> print once or twice a month, and I've never had a single
>> problem. It's still on the original toner cartridge, and I
>> don't think I've even got through an entire ream of paper yet.

[...]

> And my Kyocera FS1020D is similarly lightly loaded with no ill effects.
> Comes with its own .ppd file and does double-sided out of the box. Best
> printer I've had for years.

I forgot to mention that before the LaserJet, I had a B/W Canon
bubble-jet.  It too was only used once or twice a month, and I
don't think I ever got more than a few pages per ink cartridge
using the Canon.  The cartridges would clog up and stop working
while still 99% full.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! Well, I'm INVISIBLE
                                  at               AGAIN ... I might as well