On Mon, 08 Dec 2008 00:44:35 -0600, Harry Putnam wrote:

> Not only can I ping the router... but I can connect with tcp to
> anything I want to on the internet.
>
> Its just that I can't ping the internet.

I thought you couldn't ping the rest of the LAN either?

If the only box you can ping is the router,it sounds like a router setting
somewhere. What happens if you plug the computer into a different port on
the router? Does the router have any DMZ features turned on?

--
Neil Bothwick

Ninety-Ninety Rule Of Project Schedules - The first ninety percent of
the task takes ninety percent of the time, and the last ten percent
takes the other ninety percent of the time.