On Wednesday 17 December 2008, Dale wrote:
> Mark Knecht wrote:

> I know I had webmin installed for a long time but rarely used it.  I
> just couldn't remember if I used it for setting up printing from windoze
> or not.

A friend is running webmin on a server and it makes setting up some services
(like CUPS) easier to visualise/understand.  However, the login into webmin
is set up with the root passwd.  This on an Internet facing port is making me
nervous, but he is sooo attached to GUI solutions I cannot convince him that
ssh is all he needs.  Is there a way to only allow logins as a plain user and
then elevate privileges to root (just like you would su on the CLI
sort-of-thing)?
--
Regards,
Mick