Mick wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am trying out the Gentoo File Manager, but have run aground with the way it
> opens certain types of files.  How can I create an association to e.g. use
> xpdf to open pdf files and OOo (oowriter) to open .odt and .doc files?  All I
> get now is a plain text editor firing up and opening such files.  Same
> applies with pictures, videos, etc.

For those that are stumped like I was, it looks neat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gentoo_(file_manager)

I wish this was in portage.  I'd like to give this a ride and see how I
like it.  Any reason it is not in portage?  Does it look neat but suck
in real use or something?  I use Konqueror for mine right now but curious.

Dale

:-)  :-)