081223 Mick wrote:
> I am running Fluxbox which is lighter than KDE
> and when I just want to poke around a GUI quickly
> I have found that Konqueror takes quite a few seconds to fire up.
> Gentoo (file manager) pops up in no time at all and uses less resources.

FYI & others', there's a very nice lightweight FM called 'vifm',
which is in Portage & uses Vim-style commands in a terminal;
no FM cb faster & it's highly configurable with many features.
When I want to do heavy lifting, I use Krusader, which is very powerful.

SUPPORT     ___________//___,   Philip Webb
ELECTRIC   /] [] [] [] [] []|   Cities Centre, University of Toronto
TRANSIT    `-O----------O---'   purslowatchassdotutorontodotca