On Tuesday 23 December 2008 04:34:26 Dale wrote:
> Mick wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I am trying out the Gentoo File Manager, but have run aground with the
> > way it opens certain types of files.  How can I create an association to
> > e.g. use xpdf to open pdf files and OOo (oowriter) to open .odt and .doc
> > files?  All I get now is a plain text editor firing up and opening such
> > files.  Same applies with pictures, videos, etc.
>
> For those that are stumped like I was, it looks neat.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gentoo_(file_manager)
>
> I wish this was in portage.  I'd like to give this a ride and see how I
> like it.  Any reason it is not in portage?  Does it look neat but suck
> in real use or something?  I use Konqueror for mine right now but curious.

Ahem...

a...@nazgul /var/portage/x11-base $ eix -e gentoo
* app-misc/gentoo
     Available versions:  0.11.55 (~)0.11.56 {fam gnome nls}
     Homepage:            http://www.obsession.se/gentoo/

I guess the eggnog must taste real good down in your next of the woods this
time of year :-)

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com