Grant Edwards wrote:
> On 2009-01-02, ?Q? <boxc...@gmx.net> wrote:
>
>> In <20090102224554.57ea4...@krikkit>,
>> Neil Bothwick <n...@digimed.co.uk> wrote:

>>> Would it be better if your system wasn't broken?
>>>
>> Yes, but I continue not to believe that it should be portage's job to
>> prevent me from installing things that break my system.
>>

> You must be pretty unhappy with Gentoo, because portage seems
> to go to a great deal of effort to avoid breaking things (what
> with all that dependancy stuff it does).  Several times a month
> it refuses to update because of blockages alone.

I bet with all the good work the devs do, this could be dealt with
pretty easily.  After all, they made portage so they can move
mountains.  LOL

I do think that emerging a package that will knowingly break something
is a bad idea.  I still say that if this was baselayout or some critical
package needed to boot, this would have to be dealt with quickly.  I
just don't think the devs would intentionally release a bad critical
package that is known to break something.

Dale

:-)  :-)