Willie Wong wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 02, 2009 at 09:23:45PM -0600, Penguin Lover Dale squawked:
>
>> I'm not sure how this will appear as far as threading.  Gmail doesn't
>> send me a copy of my own emails so I can't reply to myself.
>>
>> I found the solution to the previous problem.  I didn't have acm
>> compiled in my kernel so it was seeing it as a external hard drive
>> instead of a phone.  Moto4lin now connects after pointing it to the
>> right device.
>>
>> I got the mp3s uploaded but it seems I have to open each one and tell it
>> to apply as ring tone. Is there a easier way to do this?  Maybe from
>> within moto4lin or the phone itself?
>>

> Hey! Your success story got me looking at moto4lin and my KRZR K1m
> again. I managed to get a little further this time due to your comment
> above. Instead of using the cdc-acm driver, the K1m seems to want the
> moto-modem driver that I found under usbserial.
>
> Comparing to before, now at least I get a modem device created. I'm
> now compiling moto4lin to see if I can get it to work.
>
> Thanks for the cue.

Hi,

This is the device under preferences for mine:  /dev/ttyACM0  After you
set that, click the "switch to p2k" button.  After that, close
preferences and hit connect.  Sometimes it will not connect the first
time so you may have to hit it a couple more times.  I also read where
you have to put in random numbers for the AT part in preferences so it
will force it to see it as p2k as well.  That helped me I think.

You can also do a ls /dev/ttyAC and then hit tab a couple times to see
if it is 0 or maybe a 1 for some reason.  Also, run this as root.  You
can't run it as a user from what I have read on other howtos.

I did try the USB device, it will not work with it.  At least it didn't
for me anyway.  It tried but just couldn't connect.

Anybody know where p2ktest comes from?  I can't find it anywhere.  It's
not part of moto4lin or anything else that I can find.  Just read about
it in some old howtos.

Dale

:-)  :-)