On Mon, 19 Jan 2009 17:36:58 -0800, Nickolas Fortino wrote:

> using --with-bdeps=y would certainly work (and in the interest of full
> disclosure is what I do), but it shouldn't be necessary.
> Having emerge --depclean remove build dependencies should be ok.
> Afterwards, emerge -avuDN world should do nothing, as although the
> build dependencies for packages are missing, the world packages
> themselves don't need rebuilding, so there is nothing to do.

depclean wouldn't remove them in the first place,because the default
setting for with-bdeps is y when using --depclean. Using thedefault just
means that build time dependencies won't be updated on a world update,
deep or otherwise, unless the package depending on them is updated.

--
Neil Bothwick

Reboot America.