On Tue, 3 Feb 2009 12:32:15 -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:

> When this was asked a few weeks ago someone then asked why
> --with-bdeps Y isn't the default? This seems to burn nearly everyone
> once in awhile.

Because using --with-bdeps y causes unnecessary compilation of packages
that don't need t0 be changed. They won't be used again until the
dependent package is updated, so why waste time rebuilding them in the
interim?

No one really gets "burned" by this, they just wonder why installed
packages aren't upgraded, nothing stops working.

--
Neil Bothwick

I'm warning you! One step closer and I'll drop carrier!