Hi all,

I set up my first firewall on my notebook (not running any services
reachable from outside) using iptables. Since I am new to the topic,
could you please verify if the output of 'iptables -L -v' is
considered to be a safe firewall? Thanks!

Chain INPUT (policy DROP 0 packets, 0 bytes)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
destination
    0     0 ACCEPT     all  --  lo     any     anywhere
anywhere
    0     0 ACCEPT     all  --  eth0   any     anywhere
anywhere            state RELATED,ESTABLISHED
    0     0 REJECT     tcp  --  eth0   any     anywhere
anywhere            reject-with tcp-reset
    0     0 REJECT     udp  --  eth0   any     anywhere
anywhere            reject-with icmp-port-unreachable
    0     0 DROP       udp  --  eth0   any     anywhere
anywhere            udp spt:bootps
    0     0 LOG        all  --  eth0   any     anywhere
anywhere            LOG level warning prefix `INPUT   '
    1    79 ACCEPT     all  --  wlan0  any     anywhere
anywhere            state RELATED,ESTABLISHED
    0     0 REJECT     tcp  --  wlan0  any     anywhere
anywhere            reject-with tcp-reset
    0     0 REJECT     udp  --  wlan0  any     anywhere
anywhere            reject-with icmp-port-unreachable
    0     0 DROP       udp  --  wlan0  any     anywhere
anywhere            udp spt:bootps
    0     0 LOG        all  --  wlan0  any     anywhere
anywhere            LOG level warning prefix `INPUT   '

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT 0 packets, 0 bytes)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
destination
    0     0 LOG        all  --  any    any     anywhere
anywhere            LOG level warning prefix `FORWARD '
    0     0 LOG        all  --  any    any     anywhere
anywhere            LOG level warning prefix `FORWARD '

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT 5 packets, 1691 bytes)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
destination
    0     0 ACCEPT     all  --  any    lo      anywhere
anywhere
    0     0 LOG        all  --  any    eth0    anywhere
anywhere            LOG level warning prefix `OUTPUT  '
    1    52 LOG        all  --  any    wlan0   anywhere
anywhere            LOG level warning prefix `OUTPUT  '