Neil Bothwick schrieb:
> On Tue, 28 Apr 2009 18:12:02 +0200, Jarry wrote:
>
>>> That's a little harsh. He may not even know his company's
>>> auto-responder is so hideously broken.
>> IMHO, setting up any kind of auto-responder is a *huge* mistake.
>
> Any kind? Even a well functioning one that send no more than one mail to
> any address in a day? I use a procmail rule to take care of this, it
> appears after list filtering rules to list mails are not auto-responded.
> But even if it did appear before a list's rule, one mail per day is
> hardly a problem.

Hi,

is there a how-to for setting up a rule like this?

To answer you question: It depends. Sometimes I receive auto response
like "Hey I won't be at my desk for the next 30 mins because I went to
get some launch." No email should be that important that one cannot wait
like a day for an replay. If it is that important one should just use
the phone.
On the other side: If the recipient is that important he should hire a
secretary or something like that.
Going to a place without internet or on vacation for weeks, ok it is
correct to inform the sender, that the email will not be read until
whenever.

kh