On Wed, 27 May 2009 09:58:44 -0500, Dale wrote:

> > Have you tried Alt-SysRq-R?

> I haven't but I may try it now tho.  I have never used SysRq before.
> Thhinking of the is is a bit new to me.  It has to be better than just
> pulling the plug tho.  That's what I had to do last time.

You're thinking of the complete Alt-SysRq sequence to (relatively)
cleanly reboot. Alt-SysRq-R returns keyboard control after it has
been locked out by X. You should then be able to do Ctrl-Alt-F1 to get
back to your VC.

--
Neil Bothwick

The word 'Windows' is a word out of an old dialect of the Apaches.
It means: 'White man staring through glass-screen onto an hourglass...')