On Saturday 27 June 2009 00:50:15 Alan E. Davis wrote:
> I didn't say anything about my hardware.  The main hiccough, installing
> gentoo, has been the ath5k module, which was at one time, I think,
> ath_pci.  Newer kernels may support this out of the box, in a gentoo
> install.

My Acer Aspire One running Ubuntu needs that driver. IIRC up to 2.6.27, the
ath5k driver was dodgy on certain chips but since 2.6.28 things are much
better. The driver is in mainline as well so you should be able to just build
it on 2.6.30 and have a workable system, without any need for the madwifi
proprietary driver.

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com