On Wed, 8 Jul 2009 17:34:54 -0600, Maxim Wexler wrote:

> > Why? Magic SysRq keys are a much safer option.

> Learn something new... Ok, I'll try that, thanks.  But I forsee
> difficulties: the Sys Rq key on the eee is part of the fn +
> blue-labelled-key system. Is that similar to yours?

You have to hold down Alt, hold down Fn, hold down PrtSc, release Fn then
press the command keys. If you keep Fn held down, U is seen as 4 etc.

> How do I test it out? Must I induce a freeze somehow or can I just
> apply it to a working rig?

Press Ctrl-Alt-F1 to get to the first VC then press Alt-SysRq S. It
should report "Emergency sync".

--
Neil Bothwick

Programmer (n): A red-eyed, mumbling mammal capable of conversing
with inanimate objects.