walt wrote:
[]

> I don't use vmware but I do use virtualbox every day and I love it.
> It's extremely fast even compared to kvm, which I also use on my
> newest machine with hardware virtualization support.

Some questions, please:

1. How would you contrast these two packages for "security" use?

(I'm planning on setting up a server on my desktop, and would think
running it in a VM would be appropriate)

2. Should someone get a shell in either of these VM clients, would they
even be able to determine that they're not on hardware (using full
virtualization)?

3. Do the VMs see themselves as being on a LAN (e.g. 192.168.x.x), or do
they actually share the hardware with the host?

4. Do you communicate with them via, e.g. SSH and/or X?

Thank You (been hoping to find someone who knew both VB and KVM :-) )