On 09/07/2009 02:02 AM, Peter Humphrey wrote:
On Saturday 05 September 2009 23:06:37 walt wrote:

I don't use vmware but I do use virtualbox every day and I love it.
It's extremely fast even compared to kvm, which I also use on my newest
machine with hardware virtualization support.

I suggest you fetch the latest stable binary package from:
http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Linux_Downloads
(choose the "All distributions" package) and run it, which will also
build and install the vbox kernel modules automatically.

It's very easy, quick, and simple. It even comes with an uninstall
script if you don't like it.

I tried it, but on my box it can't detect either of the DVD drives, so I
can't install a client.

Hm, never tried that.  The reason is that I've always just used an iso file
'mounted' on the virtual machine's CD/DVD player to install a guest.  Most
open-source OS's supply the install disk in the form of an iso file, and
to install Windows I create an iso file from the original CD/DVD first.