On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 01:34:27PM -0400, Penguin Lover Philip Webb squawked:
> 090912 Lars Gust?bel wrote:
> > I've been using fvwm2 for years now ...
> > I have a graphical system monitor on my third desktop ...
>
> Can you have multiple desktops with Fvwm ?
> I couldn't find anything about it in the manual
> & dropped further investigation of Fvwm as a result.

Another vote for fvwm2.

Like someone else said, fvwm does almost nothing by default, but boy
is it configurable :) And yes, it does support multiple desktops...
the only limit to how many I think is your RAM.

You mentioned keyboard useable. I dunno if it will help, but my
old mouse/keyboard config is available here
http://www.math.princeton.edu/~wwong/fvwm/MouseKeyboardConfig.fvwm2rc
With my definitions I *can* use fvwm without using the mouse at all,
but I still use it to access the menu for convenience (the Menu key on
my laptop is not where one normally expects it to be).

Just my 2 cents.

What do you get when you cross a cat and a dog?

Ans. cat-dog-sine-theta
              ~Prof. Paul Hagelstein. MAT 330. P-town
Sortir en Pantoufles: up 1011 days, 11:41