On Friday 23 October 2009 19:30:46 Mick wrote:
> On Friday 23 October 2009 10:05:33 Alex Schuster wrote:
> > Mick writes:
> > > Hmm ... wonder if this is also why
> > > kdewallet (or modern equivalent) is no longer there?
> >
> > The KDE4 still has the kdewallet which I find quite useful. As I started
> > my KDE4 setup from scratch, I saved the wallet with KDE3.5 and imported
> > that in KDE4.
>
> It seems that the kwallet does not perform as expected:

I got it wrong, again!  All that I needed to do is click "Remember passwords"
for each account.  Now kwallet is launched exactly as in KDE3.5 ... and deals
with the mail login.

Apologies for all the noise - other than Akonadi which it seems is a bit ropey
without Java, kmail4 is very much the same with 3.5 give or take a few
cosmetic things.  All in all, a happy camper now.
--
Regards,
Mick