On Thu, 2009-11-12 at 15:54 +0100, Arnau Bria wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 15:44:48 +0100
> Arnau Bria wrote:
>
> [...]
> > will read guide again, maybe I missed some step..
> nop, no missed steps. :-(

In my experience, various nvidia-drivers just seem to "not work" with my
system, no matter how many times I rebuild and recheck things.  I have a
whole bunch of versions masked.  Looking back, I never seemed to have a
problem with 180.60 - I ran it for about 4-6 weeks.

You could try adding this to /etc/portage/package.mask:
=x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-180.60

Then decide whether you want to downgrade to the previous stable, or
upgrade to the latest unstable.  I'm running unstable 190.42-r2 and so
far it's quite "stable", but as we've seen, every system is different!
(I'm on ~x86, so quite a bit of my system will differ from yours).

HTH,

Man's reach must exceed his grasp, for why else the heavens?