Neil Bothwick wrote:
On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 13:04:56 -0800, James Ausmus wrote:

Another option (I know - too late for you, but might be useful for
someone that runs across this on Google), is to press I during the
initscript processes - enters "Interactive Boot" mode, so you can Y/N
individual startup scripts, including xdm/X

Even easier, hit e at the GRUB menu and add "gentoo=nox" to the kernel
options.

Easier still, create a separate menu entry with this option in
anticipation of such situations... especially you Dale :P

I just edit the grub line on mine. Heck, no more than I reboot, not having one would be OK.
r...@smoker / # uptime
18:20:00 up 24 days, 22:12,  1 user,  load average: 1.51, 1.37, 1.25
r...@smoker / #

I usually just do softlevel=single or that other one I got wrote down here somewhere.

Dale

:-) :-)