On Monday 18 January 2010 23:04:56 James Ausmus wrote:
> And this is why it is a Very Good Thing to spread the word about the Magic
>  the power button (which should send an ACPI shutdown signal, causing the
>  system to self-power-off)?

Forgot to add this juicy bit to my last post:

Very recent buyers of Lenovo laptops don't even *have* a SysRq key anymore. I
reckon it won't be long before other makers follow suit. I can see Lenovo's
point: there's probably less than 10,000 people in the whole world that ever
used that key in the last 12 months and all of them are very au fait with
Linux

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com