On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 10:19:36 -0200, luis jure wrote:

> when i connect the disc, the system sees two devices: a hard disc (for
> example /dev/sdb, that i can format with the usual tools) and a virtual
> cd-rom (sr1 or sg1), that i'd like to erase but i don't know how to
> manipulate.

If this works like the virtual CDROMS in 3G modems, you can get rid of it
with a udev rule that ejects the device as soon as it is detected.

ATTRS{idVendor}=="1410", ATTRS{idProduct}=="5010",
ACTION=="add",RUN+="/usr/bin/eject %k"

was the line I used to prevent one such modem showing up as a CD.

--
Neil Bothwick

Sir! Romulan warbird decloaki»®õ÷üÁ NO CARRIER