I had this problem with a SanDisk usb drive.
Its been years since I did this but If my memory serves me correct I had
to go to the SanDisk website and download a program for windows to
remove the problem.

I don't know if there is a linux alternative to something like this but
I know how annoying it can be.

I know there not the same brand but have you tried there website for
something like this. I would think they would provide an option to
remove the annoyance. Of course google might help as well.