On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 6:19 AM, luis jure <l...@internet.com.uy> wrote:

> hello list,
>
> i purchased recently an external usb disk (HP SimpleSave, 1.5 TB).
>
> i re-formatted it with an ext4 file system, but i can't get rid of the
> "virtual cd" created by the manufacturer with some backup software.

I don't think it is possible to remove it. Disks with this kind of
"helpful" stuff are annoying because of violating corporate policies,
being seen as non-hdd by some devices that accept external hard drives
(like a dvr, media center etc). A quick googling basically said that
people who don't like it sold it and bought a different brand...

I think Neil's on the right track, you can make a udev rule to
hide/disable/eject to it...  I do not remember if udev has a blacklist
functionality or not. maybe?