Hi,
   I was running VMWare and the program inside of Windows has crashed.
(Or maybe Windows crashed or maybe VMWare crashed - I cannot tell.)

   Gentoo is still alive and I can log in and look around but the
mouse on that computer but its mouse is frozen so I cannot do anything
at its screen. It seems the keyboard is dead also.

   top says there's nothing going on. No CPU cycles at all.

   Is there a way for me to ask Linux to talk to VMWare and see if it
can shut itself down before I hit the reset button?

Thanks,
Mark