On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 1:43 AM, Neil Bothwick <n...@digimed.co.uk> wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Feb 2010 19:50:34 -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
>
>> I didn't have as much luck with VirtualBox that didn't seem to like me
>> moving copies from one partition to another. I must go back and give
>> that another try as I'd like to be using Open Source but for now
>> VMWare is very nice.
>
> VirtualBox isn't fully open source. There is an open source version but
> it is crippled compared with the binary release.
>

> --
> Neil Bothwick
>
> Top Oxymorons Number 37: Sanitary landfill

Hi Neil,
   I guess that you're correct that it's been crippled a bit but
according to this page it doesn't seem that bad to me:

http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Editions

   I don't personally need the USB stuff inside of VB so for me it
might be enough.

   Anyway, if there's no special reason that I cannot build the OSE
version on Gentoo AMD64 stable then I might go ahead and do it just to
see what happens.

Thanks,
Mark