When I was press-spokesman to Arctic Mirror of Life symposium (convened by HE
Kofi Annan and HE Jose Manuel Barroso) with Robert (Bob) Correl, he was the
lead author of the Arctic impact report of the Arctic Council. (J. Lubachenko
was our third spokesman.)

Bob Correl is extremely concerned of the huge increases of moulins and
crevasses in Greenland over his long career observing them to increase
massively in numbers. So, he will support anything reasonable put to him. I
know he agrees the risks are understated.

Last Autumn I also sponsored to the UN General Assembly some Sami members of
the Arctic Council from Lapland (Finland) when the North American indians
invited me over to New York to discuss their climate worries (emanating from
thier perceived ancient native memories). When President Evo Morales visited
Helsinki in April 2010 I met them last time. Sami and Inuit will give the
maximum support on issues vital for them, i.e. the sea ice.

The Arctic Council could be a good place for propositions or letter. The inuit
people risk their lives on weak sea ice. They do worry a lot about the
deteriorating sea ice and would not mind overstating this, provided things are
approximately right and try to capture essense of their problems and they will
give all support they can do.

I think it is necessary to await until Autumn. Usually some methane expedition
reports also come in from the seasons' expeditions to study feedback CH4
emissions.

In my view too Manhattan Project analogy is off-the-mark. CERN is a far more
positive collaborative venue whitout negative or national connotations like the
Manhattan Project. Manhattan Project is also now in far distance timewise.
International Space Station (ISS) could also be a much more positive project to
refer as an example.

Kind regards,

Albert